David,

I wasn't implying that exercise is better than occupation in all cases... BUT in SOME
situations, its more effective to use exercise as a precursor to develop components in
order to achieve the desired occupational performance. I wasn't arguing whether
exercise is better than occupation. My point is that when the development of
performance components (micro) is necessary for occupational performance (macro),
referrals to PT is not necessary. If OTs want to be as holistic as we proclaim to be,
we must be able to work at both the micro and macro level.

Dana

Dana Levinson, PhD
Project Manager
Rehab Science, Inc.