Jim,
You can probably get Mary Warren's kits through www.visabilities.com.
Liz

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Orli Weisser-Pike
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 6:02 AM
To: OTlist@OTnow.com
Subject: Re: [OTlist] Start ups

I did not get any kits; I think some of the non-optical stuff is not
very useful and a waste of money. I don't have everything, but I have a
small selection of stand mags (Eschenbach system vario); 5x, 7x, 9x, 11x
coil pocket mags; clip-on lenses from Eschenbach;  a CCTV donated by a
Lions club; a TV screen mag donated by a patient; 2x chest mag;
prismatic readers; other high-add readers (Eschenbach Noves); and
various and sundry other optical devices. I have a large selection of
filters (NoIR)--evaluation kit available for free from NoIR; writing
guides; lamps and bulbs; big-eye lamp; reading stands; binocular
telescopes, monocular, etc. I have never inventoried my little cubicle
but I have enough to go through. I have lots of wide black bookmarks
too, and of course, reading workbooks (LUVreading and Pre-reading and
writing ex).  The principles of using devices are more important than
the exact device--I think of it like driving a car--one needs the basic
skills of navigation, orientation, alignment, steering, etc.... Does not
matter what make or model the car is.

Consider LS&S--good merchants. You need to buy directly from
Eschenbach--the rep will explain how you can do this.

Good luck
Orli