Wow..I am interning in adult rehab right now and UE therex is only used for
people who really need it. Been there six weeks and everything revolves
around function.

-----Original Message-----
From: otlist-boun...@otnow.com [mailto:otlist-boun...@otnow.com]on
Behalf Of Ron Carson
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 18:40
To: OTlist@OTnow.com
Subject: [OTlist] The Saddest OT Statement I've Ever Heard

Today,  I  met  a  new  PT assistant who was just starting with our home
health  company.  He was just finishing with a patient as I was starting
my  evaluation.  The PTA came from 20 years of geriatric rehab and rehab
experiences.

About  1/2  through  my eval he said to me, and I quote: "I'm not use to
OT's  working on functional things". He went on to say that at his rehab
facility, the OT's mainly did UE exercises.

"Living life to the fullest". What a crock!

Ron Carson MHS, OT
www.OTnow.com