From: Ron Carson <rdcar...@otnow.com>
To: Brent Cheyne <OTlist@OTnow.com>
Sent: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 8:41 pm
Subject: Re: [OTlist] hello c
ompany...it's misery calling!

Hello Brent:

The  question  of  home  health  being  the  best  practice  setting  is
complicated.

In  a perfect world, I say unequivocally "yes", but in the real world, I
say  "no".  It  seems to me that in home health, like other settings, OT
has  no  TRULY  unique  and  HIGHLY  valued role. There seems to be very
little that OT does which isn't already covered by either PT, nursing or
the aide.

Ron Carson MHS, OT
www.OTnow.com