Hi Veronica!

Just for clarity: You would prefer for this girl to take her showers standing
rather than sitting, right? I'm guessing you'd like her to have and maintain
the skills to shower standing in order to, say, shower after gym classes, at
camps, at friends' places - anywhere - as opposed to being tied to only bathe
with some wall mounted equipment in her home? (Not to mention thus derived
needs for double equipment, transportable equipment, a car to transport
equipment.....)

And, I get she's already able to do this -  with what level of
assistance/supervision - if any? Might there be safety or hygienic issues - at
least in mom's eyes - and does she feel her concerns about this are heard and
addressed? (She may need to feel fully heard before she can hear you!)

What does mom think about her daughter's need for independence in bathing
outside of the home - does she have other strategies for that? And last but not
least what does the girl want - can you help her see the long term implications
of using equipment or not, so she can make an informed decision?

Only then comes IMO the question of what kind of equipment, if any, and who is
to pay for it.....

Warmly

susanne, denmark