From: otlist-boun...@otnow.com [mailto:otlist-boun...@otnow.com] On
Behalf Of cmnahrw...@aol.com
Sent: June 14, 2009 8:38 PM
To: OTlist@OTnow.com
Subject: Re: [OTlist] Dental Hygienst Knows About OT...

Ron,

I agree with with 95% of what you are saying the only things that I
disagree with are:  I concede that it is not occupational therapy, but
we should not call it PT either.  Gray area of practice.

1.  It is not UE PT.  It is UE therapy.  I concede that it is not
occupational therapy, but we should not call it PT either.  Gray area
of practice.

2.  It is not always a waste of time, but I agree that most of the time
for most clinicians it is a waste of time.  It is only meaningful if
the therapist knows what they are doing and only does it when there is
an impairment, and not to fill time.

Chris