Yes, PT's skill set is much superior to OT's in the domain and manner in
which they are applied.

While  on  one  hand,  OT  is  often seen as UE experts, I am constantly
amazed  at the number of OT's who ask how to treat a rotator cuff injury
(not  that  I  know  how).

And  beyond  the actual skill set, PT has earned, developed and marketed
itself   as  EXPERTS  in  physical  function.  Also,  there  is  general
consistency  from one phy-dys PT to another phy-dys PT. And, not only is
what  they  similar,  it's  what  doctors  expect and it's what patients
expect.   Basically,  PT  provides  well  know  solutions  to  perceived
problems. They are like car mechanics. When the car breaks and you can't
fix  it  yourself, you take it to a mechanic, right. Same thing with the
human body; you take it to a PT.

Now, it's not PT's NAME that has brought them recognition and "fame". It
the  entire  package  of  being a profession that they have successfully
"grown"  over the years. There name helps, but it's only a small part of
why others see them "superior" to OT.

Now, I personally don't think PT is superior to OT. I think we each have
our  domains.  However,  when  an  OT  operates  outside  the  domain of
"occupation",  then  I  generally think they are less effective than PT.
The  same  is  true  for  PT. When they start operating in the domain of
occupation, they are generally less effective than PT.