Hi James,

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 12:31:52PM -0500, James Gorman wrote:
> I am running OTRS on a Solaris 8 box and it works, but I am not able to
> get emails to open a ticket.  I have the standard .procmailrc and a
> .forward file, but for some reason I get nothing delivered to the
> postmaster queue.  Any pointers?

Works the PostMaster.pl like
http://otrs.org/pages/index.pl?Action=Ext&Site=Docu/problems_misc.html ?

If yes, what MTA do you use? Works your MTA with procmail (configured)?

> Also how do I tie in a customer database?  I have one in access on a MS
> box but can port the tables to MySQL no problems or even use ODBC if
> possible.  Any pointers would be helpful.

You can put a customer id to a ticket (via PostMaster.pl or agent interface).

In the queue view or zoom view there is a html link (like
http://yourhost/customer.php?CID=AB1234) which points to an html
frontend of your customer database (not a part of OTRS).

> James

  Martin

--
Martin Edenhofer - <martin at edenhofer.de> - http://martin.edenhofer.de/