Hi Edwin,

thank your for your e-mail.

Edwin D. Viņas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's how i implemented it so that I can use OTRS:
> 1. An SMS message or ticket request is sent to our SMS Gateway.
> 2. SMS is converted to Email (local otrs user email).
> 3. The SMS message then appears to the OTRS queue.
>
> How to notify the sender thru SMS? The SMS notification must
> also contain the ticket number.

The SMS to E-Mail gateways I know work in both ways and they use the phone
number of the SMS sender as a part of the e-mail address. This makes it possible
to use the same gateway backwards (sending an e-mail to this special address
which will be converted to an SMS). Example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In this case you should not worry about a thing. I would only keep the standard
response short (maybe less than 160 characters).

Have fun with OTRS!

  Stefan Wintermeyer

--
OTRS Team Mailbox - Manage your communication!
Web: http://otrs.org/ - Lists: http://lists.otrs.org/