Greetings, all...

I've got OTRS running on an old Pentium 233 with 64MB of RAM, and it's
awesome!

However, I'm also trying to set it up on a faster PII/400, but I'm trying to
use an external database on this other system.  I've modified the
/Kernel/Config.pm to connect to the remote MYSQL server, but I get the
following error in Apache:

[Wed Jul 16 10:31:37 2003] [error] Can't locate object method "splitpath"
via package "File::Spec" at /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib/CGI/Carp.pm line 306.

Would anyone have any ideas as to what this error means?

The MYSQL server that I'm trying to connect to is the same one that is
running my working installation of OTRS.  Also, I set up OTRS to connect to
the local MYSQL, and it works just fine.  It's just when I try to connect to
the external DB.

By the way, I struggled to set up OTRS the first time for a long time, and
after much intensive researching I discovered that it was because I didnt'
have Apache::DBI installed.  I wonder if this module could be added as a
necessary one to the documentation to help other newbies in the future?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

OTRS ROCKS!

Michael Rojas,
Systems Admin.
South Texas Internet
956.504.5252
www.ies.net

Some dream of success... Others work hard at it.

---
[South Texas Internet scanned this E-mail for viruses using Declude Virus]