Thanks!  The ignore part works.. But if it just ignores it, where does it
go?  It's not in the account, and I can't find it in /var/spool.

Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Edenhofer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 1:59 AM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS.
Subject: Re: [otrs] OTRS to ignore certain emails

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 03:49:28PM -0400, Rogers, Weston wrote:
> Is there a way for OTRS to ignore certain emails?  I would want to
> filter via senders address, such as [EMAIL PROTECTED] - all these get
> ignored by OTRS. The account that I want OTRS to monitor also has
> other stuff sent to it that doesn't need a ticket/etc but is important
> and needs to be kept (preferably on the server - but it really doesn't
> matter as long as its accessible)
>
> Anyone have any ideas?  I'm trying to get away from just creating
> queues for all the un-needed stuff.

I would use procmail (if you use linux/unix).

For example, add to the .procmailrc of the otrs user the following:

:0 fhw :
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| formail -I "X-OTRS-Ignore: yes"

and all emails form [EMAIL PROTECTED] will be ignored by otrs.

See also: http://doc.otrs.org/1.1/html/receiving-email-cmd.html and
http://cvs.otrs.org/cvsweb.cgi/otrs/doc/X-OTRS-Headers.txt?rev=1.5&content-t
ype=text/x-cvsweb-markup

> Thanks!