Hi!

        I don't have TimeZone defined in Defaults.pm or Config.pm and OTRS is
using
local time as default. Why are you using such setting for TimeZone?

        Maybe it would be a good idea to try "Kernel::System::AuthSession::FS",
so
OTRS will manage sessions by itself and hopefully you won't face this problem
with the
timezone.

        Regards,

On 21 Apr 2005 at 0:04, s taylor wrote:

> Hello again.
>
> I believe I've found the solution or problem, depending on how you
> look at it.  Here goes:
>
> When using the following (refer to 'Defaults.pm' re: SESSIONS):
>
> $Self->{SessionModule} = 'Kernel::System::AuthSession::IPC';
>
> WITH...
>
> $Self->{TimeZone} = -4;
>
> which is US Eastern Daylight Savings time for a website whose servers
> are set to UTC (GMT+0) in order to accommodate customers
> internationally, the 'Kernel::System::AuthSession::IPC' module has in
> it the "CheckSessionID" subroutine' whereby it's 'if statement' will
> always be 'true'.  Therefore, the session will always be 'timed out'
> based on this calculation.
>
> If someone knows how to fix, please reply.  I haven't gotten that
> far...
>
> Thanks.

> Support oder Consulting für Ihr OTRS System?
> => http://www.otrs.de/

---
Victor R. Rodriguez
Departamento de Sistemas