Hi!

        It would be interesting if you do what Ashish told you in reply to your
mail and let
us know if with this setting your mail is finally delivered or not. Remember to
restart
apache!

        I would bet that you're having trouble with DNS resolution on the OTRS
box, as
by default ($Self->{CheckMXRecord} = 1) OTRS checks for the MX records for the
domain part of the email address, in order to verify if it's correct or not. If
your box is
unable to use DNS, you'll get this error message even if the mail address used
is
correct. Check your /etc/resolv.conf and try to ping some known names
(www.debian.org, www.freshmeat.net) to verify that you can use DNS. Maybe your
new
firewall is eating your DNS traffic?

        bye!

On 27 Apr 2005 at 11:19, m wrote:

> I recently made a series of changes to my network; the ability of OTRS
> to send email has been fouled up by it.
>
> Everything is still running on the same host.  However, instead of
> having a dual-homed host with its own firewall, it is now a
> single-homed host with an external firewall (done the "right" way).
>
> When composing an answer to a ticket, I get the following:
>
> "CompIT Solutions Support System <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  *
> invalid [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mx)!"
>
> It returns me to the answer-composition page, however it also does not
> include the menu-bar at the top when returning me to the composition
> page.
>
> Any assistance would be MOST appreciated.  If there are any logs/etc.
> required, I will provide them.

---
Victor R. Rodriguez
Departamento de Sistemas