Bryan,

The scripts to create the initial tables never ran. I would always get an error that it could not connect to the DB. I new I was running the most current version of Postgres so on a whim I downgraded and it has worked like a charm since then.

I didn't save the log files not knowing I would have to look back at them.

Interesting about the upgrade, I was looking at installing 2.1 when it came out in a stable version. Since the DB is already created, does the upgrade have to "modify/touch" the tables? Is that what I am reading into in your email?

Jeff

On 9/6/06, Bryan Fullerton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/6/06, Jeff Lansidel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using FC5 and had to downgrade Postgresql to version 8.0.8 from 8.1.4
> and reconfigured the config.pm to use postgres and everything went well. So
> if you have to download the binaries I would read up on which version
> works/has the least amount of problems with RH9.

Which version of OTRS are you using? What issues did you have with
Postgresql 8.1.4?

I ran into an issue with the DBUpgrade script for OTRS 2.1beta2 when
using Postgresql 8.1.4, and I've submitted a bug report and patch.
There may be similar issues with the inital database creation scripts,
I haven't looked at them.

Bryan