On 9/6/06, Jeff Lansidel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The scripts to create the initial tables never ran. I would always get an
error that it could not connect to the DB. I new I was running the most
current version of Postgres so on a whim I downgraded and it has worked like
a charm since then.

I didn't save the log files not knowing I would have to look back at them.

Ah, no worries.

Interesting about the upgrade, I was looking at installing 2.1 when it came
out in a stable version. Since the DB is already created, does the upgrade
have to "modify/touch" the tables? Is that what I am reading into in your
email?

Yes, there are DBUpgrade scripts for all major versions in the
~otrs/scripts directory. In your 2.0.x install you should see scripts
for upgrading to 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 2.0 from earlier versions.

Modifications to the database are needed to support new features, and
sometimes to fix bugs.

Bryan