bradis wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Dear friends,
>
> again several "stupid" problems with OTRS,
>
> used several ways to install
>
> 1. tried to use http://howtoforge.com/otrs_centos4.4
>
> several troubles that we all knew already, but then just added repository
> ( in maillist  were several comments ) and used :
>
> yum install otrs - it is ok.
>
> 2. but after I tried to restart http ->  always  error like this ->
>
> [Wed May 09 19:07:27 2007] [error] GATEWAY_INTERFACE not Perl! at
> /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl line 5.\nCompilation failed in
> require at (eval 2) line 1.\n
> [Wed May 09 19:07:27 2007] [error] Can't load Perl file:
> /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2- perl-startup.pl for server
> XXXservernameXXX:80, exiting...
>
>  Any ideas colleagues?

All I know is that that howto looks way more complex than what I did on
a CentOS 4.4 box.

* I don't use cpan directly for the Perl modules, I just install them
with yum from Dag's yum repository. It's easier and yum also keeps them
up to date as an added bonus.

* I just use the CentOS supplied mod_perl package instead of building it
myself. Also no need to edit any apache configuration.

* I use the otrs rpm from the OTRS website. It works just fine and you
get the latest version of OTRS. No need to add any system users
yourself, move dist files, start cron jobs, etc.

Nils Breunese.