From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of LQ
Marshall
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:26 AM
To: 'User questions and discussions about OTRS.org'
Subject: RE: [otrs] Ticket Age

> What's with all of the half answers here?

IMO... I think there has been a great bit of information shared and a lot of
patience shown on the list.

Some questions sent, hint that the sender has not read the documentation,
has not attempted to solve the problem themselves, and specifically they
just want someone to tell them what to do and how to do it - solve all their
problems for them.  This sounds like you need to purchase a support
agreement.  Don't send a message to the list asking someone to do you work
for you.

All questions should hint that you've made an effort to solve the problem-
provide adequate logs, resolutions attempts, & etc.  I think anyone doing so
will find their responses better and with more detail.  Most people are
willing to help those who help themselves.

I understand that technial skills and understanding will vary, but even if
you are a novice/beginner... RTM.  Even if you don't get it all; read it
anyway.  If you are going to be supporting, or developing this you're going
to need to add some new skills to your resume.  Showing that you're doing
this will get better response.

I am in not way affiliated with OTRS.  Just MO.

As to the aging issue... There have been several threads over few months
that I think worked that subject nearly to death.  I didn't read them all
past the first few but if you check the archives you may find a wealth of
information.  It isn't something that I can speak intelligently on, yet.

LQ