Hi Gabriele,

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) schrieb:
Gabriele D'Andrea wrote:

some servers that we manage, are configured to send automatic emails on errors: when an error occurs, a mail i s sent every 5 minutes. My boss asked me to integrate these warnings in OTRS, so that a new ticket is created when an error occurs. So I need to filter emails coming from those specified addresses, in order to prevent multiple copies of the same ticket (a new mail is sent every 5 minutes until problem's solved or notification is stopped).

I was thinking about a filter that allows a specified address, to open only 1 ticket every (say) 1 hour.

Is this possible, can someone give me some guidelines about this, or a better way to filter automatic mails?

Can't the monitoring software be configured to send out only one email per error to your OTRS queue?

That would be great.

Otherwise, perhaps you have to write your own Postmaster-module like the ones on PostMaster::PreFilterModule###*

Within this module, you have to recognize the server affected and search for an open ticket on this server.
If you found one, mark the new mail as follow-up on this ticket,
otherwise create a new ticket and mark it as ticket on the specific affected server.

I didn't verify this implementation-suggest if it is feasable and a good way, these are just my quick ideas on your request.

There is also a nagios-module on ftp - perhaps you can use it as template to modify it...?

Bye, Alex