That's would be the most simple, obvius and better thing!
Unfortunately the monitoring software it's not managed by us, and for some reason we can't ask to reconfigure it. So a problem that would be easily solved becomes greater than it is, and now it's all over me :(

Any suggestion about it would be grately appreciated

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nils Breunese (Lemonbit)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "User questions and discussions about OTRS.org" <otrs@otrs.org>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [otrs] Advanced filter on incoming mails

Can't the monitoring software be configured to send out only one
email per error to your OTRS queue?

Gabriele D'Andrea wrote:

some servers that we manage, are configured to send automatic
emails on errors: when an error occurs, a mail i s sent every 5
minutes.
My boss asked me to integrate these warnings in OTRS, so that a new
ticket is created when an error occurs.
So I need to filter emails coming from those specified addresses,
in order to prevent multiple copies of the same ticket (a new mail
is sent every 5 minutes until problem's solved or notification is
stopped).

I was thinking about a filter that allows a specified address, to
open only 1 ticket every (say) 1 hour.

Is this possible, can someone give me some guidelines about this,
or a better way to filter automatic mails?

That's would be the most simple, obvius and better thing!
Unfortunately the monitoring software it's not managed by us, and for some reason we can't ask to reconfigure it. So a problem that would be easily solved becomes greater than it is, and now it's all over me :(

Any idea on this?