Laurent,
When we began using OTRS, the newest version they had for Fedora was only supported up to Fedora Core 3. I'm interested in upgrading to either Fedora 7 or Fedora 6. However, do you have any suggestions or possibly even a basic summary of steps that I can do to make sure that all existing tickets get moved to the new system?

Thank you for the help thus far!

-Jeff

Laurent Minost wrote:
Jeff,

Same as Nils, everything went OK when I upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 with the two SQL statements addon provided on the download page ( done on Fedora 7 and RedHat EL4).

But as a difference, I prefer using a new OTRS install by backuping old dirs/SQL dump then rpm -e old otrs package and then rpm -ivh new package, then i set back all my config changes needed and all my customizations on source code by a home-made shell script using diff and patch against old and new version ...
I got some strange things for others packages when rpm -Uvh sometimes ...

Best regards,

Laurent MINOST