New Phone Ticket (in nav) removal:
Admin > Sysconfig > Group = Ticket > Frontend::Agent::ModuleRegistration
(I think you just uncheck the box ³Frontend::Module###AgentTicketPhone:²)

I looked around sysconfig too and don¹t see a way to remove the Telephone
reply but I know its possible with sysconfig.  Anyone else remember where
they may have seen that?

I also didn¹t see the default state setting in sysconfig but im pretty sure,
again its there and maybe someone else in this list can help locate?

-Andy