Hello,

I'm currently setting up an OTRS demo server. I have a little problem which
probably can make my demo less efficient.
I'm retrieving customers from our LDAP (MS Active Directory). Every special
character is displayed incorrectly. This only happens for LDAP source fields.
Every other aspect of the frontend is correct.
Here is my setup:

OTRS 2.2.2 on Debian Etch
DefautCharset is utf-8 (can be changed if needed, this is my last test)
Mysql database is latin1 (can be changed if needed)
MS Active Directory is ? (maybe iso-8859-1 but not sure. How can I verify ?)
can probably not be changed for this demo purpose.

Tried to change mysql to utf-8 using the following procedure:
http://yoonkit.blogspot.com/2006/03/mysql-charset-from-latin1-to-utf8.html

Also tried options
SourceCharset => 'iso-8859-1', # incase LDAP/AD is iso-8859-1 like I think
DestCharset => 'utf-8',

With these options, customerid with special char are left blank on the user
list.

I'm not familiar with charset problems.

Can you give me some help please ?

Thank You