Rob Cas wrote:

Not that this helps answer Steve's question, but I'd love to see more thorough upgrading instructions. The UPGRADING file is often quite confusing and improvements in the following areas would make life easier for those of us using the tarballs.

[snip]

Although I've never had a problem upgrading OTRS myself (using the RPM), you might want to post your suggestion in a bug report at http://bugs.otrs.org/ and maybe the developers will take them to heart and improve the situation.

Nils Breunese.