Thanks for the post regarding mod_perl - I was not aware of setting it up this way!

I set this up per the README.webserver file, and noticed at least a 10x performance improvement in OTRS 2.2.5 running on CentOS 5.x with a 2.4GHz HT P4 & 512MB RAM.

However, I'm using some additional modules (Calendar and FAQ) that are both still slow. I don't know a lot about mod_perl, but from looking at the apache2-perl-startup.pl script it's obvious that it's preloading modules.

I tried adding the Calendar and FAQ modules to that list, but apache wouldn't start, complaining about not being able to find the files

[Tue Aug 05 10:18:29 2008] [error] syntax error at /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl line 156, near "use Kernel::System::CalendarEvent."\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1.\n [Tue Aug 05 10:18:29 2008] [error] Can't load Perl file: /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl for server otrs.terraworld.net:0, exiting...

However, the files do exist at the proper location.

I added this to the apache2-perl-startup.pl script:

# calendar modules
use Kernel::System::CalendarEvent.pm;
use Kernel::Modules::AgentCalendar.pm;

Is there a better/more proper way to install my additional modules into this script such that my calendar and FAQ modules will also be accelerated by mod_perl?

---
- Nick Bright
  Network Administrator
  Terra World Communications, LLC