Robin Bowes wrote:

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:

I just wanted to remind everyone here that Bugzilla is out there. A lot of people post about problems stating they hope it will get fixed, but don't actually report anyhting. It may have sounded grumpy, but I really wasn't trying to be. I may have been responding to the wrong post though.

Sorry - one of my pet peeves.

I have no problem reporting bugs, but I loathe bugzilla, and hate that I have to register with any project I want to report a bug for, then fight my way through the many options (which module, which category, etc.).

It would be far better to have either an email address to send bugs to, or a web form for submitting them.

Open source is also about participating. If you can code, you could contribute code, but helping people out on mailinglists and reporting bugs are also forms of contributing. There is a reason bug trackers were created: receiving incomplete reports via mail or dealing with bogus mail via open mail forms deprives developers from getting any real work done. If you want things fixed, creating an account and reporting a problem sounds like not a very high price to pay for an application you can use free of charge. Of course you don't have to contribute, but I can totally see why developers set up things like Bugzilla and I hope you can too.

Nils Breunese.