________________________________
        Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 12:08 PM
        Subject: [otrs] Trying to send mail

        I just tried sending an email (response to my test ticket) and this
error popped up.

        Software error:

        No SASL mechanism found
        at /opt/otrs/bin/cgi-bin/../../Kernel/cpan-lib/Authen/SASL.pm line
74

        Is there a configuration how-to anyone can point me a link to in
configuring email on OTRS?
________________________________

Aaron,

It appears that you are trying to connect to your exchange via SSL/TLS.  Run
the module check routine on your system and verify that SASL is installed.
It should be in your bin folder (/opt/otrs/bin) ./otrs.checkModules
(http://doc.otrs.org/2.3/en/html/x414.html)

There may be other issues but this is the knee jerk response based on your
post.  The docs, although cryptic, did have the answer to most of the
answers to my installation problems.  I would suggest enable some logging
(Exchange/SMTP service, and likewise on OTRS to get to the bottom).

You may need to authorize he OTRS host on the exchange box as it may not be
sending email from a real domain.  Correct the OTRS email address(es) or
override on the exchange box.

LQ