Not to hard given the right information...  but I don't have that :-0

... by far the easiest way to 'authorize' the OTRS box is via IP address.
If you are behind a NAT with and RFC1918 address (aka private IP) and
running Exchange standard, simply adding the IP of the OTRS host will
suffice.  It would go in the properties of the SMTP connector (System
Manager).  I don't have a xch box handy to get the details but from memory
that's... System manager | <server> | Protocols | SMTP, sounds about right??
You'll ad the IP to the IP relay and restart the SMTP service
(services.msc).

If you are running xch enterprise, are using public IPs or have another
setup this will work but there may be other needed steps to get it to work
correctly & securely.  I would not recommended opening the relay by IP with
public IPs.

Next I'd check the OTRS SMTP settings (SysConfig) and see if you are trying
to authenticate the SMTP session. Sorry, I thought that was SSL earlier,
doh. WIth the IP relay in place you will not need to perform SMTP
AUTH(entication).

Last, you'll need to enter the xch server IP or hostname in the SMTP relay
field in OTRS (Sysconfig again).

Sorry for the generalizations... I don't do any of this often enough that I
remember it all.  Just enough to know where to look & I click through
exchange on auto-pilot now adays.;-)

chime in if needed.

LQ

ps -Poor formating... sorry just came from eye doc who diolated my eyes...
can't see screen.

  _____