I compiled mod_perl (I used the perl of Solaris)

I thought that it was ask package on sunfreeware.org
but I have been mistaken.

I see several options:

1- Use the webstack package from sun
http://www.sun.com/software/webstack/index.xml
It provides a lot of software (most of this software isn't need)

The list of software that provides is:

Web Stack Enterprise Manager (screenshots below)
Fully relocatable Update Center ips(5) image distribution
Apache HTTP Server 2.2.11
lighttpd 1.4.21
memcached 1.2.5
MySQL 5.0.67 and 5.1
PHP 5.2.9
Python 2.6
Ruby 1.8.7
Squid 2.7.STABLE5
Tomcat 6.0.18
GlassFish v2.1
Sun Continuous Integration Server 1.312

Sun says that these packages are optimized for speed,
with small changes, and special options for the compiler. I haven't
tested it.

2- Install using the perl and Apache of Solaris
You have to install the Sun compiler (it is free),
because the Apache and perl of Solaris is compiled with the Sun
compiler. If you compile mod_perl with
gcc it will be very dificult and prune to problems.

3- Install using sunfreeware. You have to install apache, perl, perhaps
a the gcc used for compile perl
and apache, and compile mod_perl

Using aproach 2 and 3, I think that you will need to compile mysql
driver for perl.

Option 1 may be the more easy way (I have never used it). I haven't
problem compiling installing software,
it was the way of install software 20 years ago, where
packages were uncommon.

On 08/24/09 17:30, Bernd Plagge wrote:

> Hello Jose,
>
> thanks for your mail.
>
> I did install a new Perl version from www.sunfreeware.com.
> This version is now in /usr/local/bin.
>
> I want otrs to use /usr/local/bin/perl  - not in /usr/bin/perl.
> The path to perl must be defined somewhere in the otrs configuration file.
>
> I would like to know where I have to adjust the path.
>
> I checked www.sunfreeware.com but can't see and package for apache mod_perl.
> If there is one what would the name be?
>
> Thanks again,
> Bernard
>
> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:12:28 +0200
> Jose Luis Rodriguez Garcia <jose.l.rodrig...@tecnocom.es> wrote:
>

>> It is in /usr/bin/perl
>>

>> I have compiled/installed mod_perl2, because it
>> isn't in the installation of Solaris.
>>
>> I had to compile more software for use otrs with
>> Solaris
>>

>> If you have experience with Solaris, it can be dificult for you
>> configure/compile all the software.
>>

>> I cant be more easy to you install new
>> perl/apache/mod_perl/my_sql_driver with the pacakages
>> from www.sunfreware.com
>>

>> On 08/24/09 13:08, Bernd Plagge wrote:

> - --
> Bernd Plagge - プラゲ ベェアント
> First Choice Internet Ltd., Tokyo - ファースト・チョイス・インターネット(有)
> mail: bpla...@choicenet.ne.jp - url: http://www.choicenet.ne.jp
> Tel/Fax:  03 - 6379 2516
>       **************************************************************
>              *** Campaign Domain Registration for 1,500 JPY ***
> Domain Registration   http://choicenet.ne.jp/en/campaign.html
> ドメイン登録                http://choicenet.ne.jp/jp/campaign.html
>       **************************************************************
> FREE Web Assessment:  http://choicenet.ne.jp/en/website_assessment.html
> Web Design:           http://choicenet.ne.jp/en/webdesign.html
> Web Hosting:          http://choicenet.ne.jp/en/hosting.html
> Net Support:          http://choicenet.ne.jp/en/netsupport.html
>                       *******************
> 無料ウエブサイト評価    http://choicenet.ne.jp/jp/website_assessment.html
> ウエブデザイン:              http://choicenet.ne.jp/jp/webdesign.html
> ウエブホスティング:    http://choicenet.ne.jp/jp/hosting.html
> ネットワークサポート:   http://choicenet.ne.jp/jp/netsupport.html

Jose Luis Rodriguez Garcia
Gerente
Unix y Bases de Datos
Servicios Gestionados de Alojamiento y Explotacion
C/Miguel Yuste, 45.
Madrid 28037
Tel. Fijo: (+34) 913534975

E-mail: jose.l.rodrig...@tecnocom.es