Hi,
those fields are specific to a smtp with auth required in sending mail
through. Sendmail could be used if you are running a *nix machine and you
can leave empty but sometimes, local MTA, are not able to forward
mail because of antispam rules around the world (reverse mapping, hostname
and so on).

MV