if the unlock timeout is set and ticket are not unlocked you should insert
in cron a line with something like (this is the one I use):

0 8-20/2 * * 1,2,3,4,5  /opt/otrs/bin/UnlockTickets.pl --timeout

for the second point you are probably talking about the fact that an agent
is trying to reply a ticket that is in charge at another agent ?if yes, the
last agent should take ownership of the ticket.

for the genericagent job I've never used at the moment as "batch" but I
think that if you build a genericagent job in sysconfig you can call it with
the parameters as in help:

GenericAgent.pl <Revision 1.59> - OTRS generic agent
Copyright (C) 2001-2009 OTRS AG, http://otrs.org/
usage: GenericAgent.pl [-c 'Kernel::Config::GenericAgentJobModule'] [-d 1]
[-l <limit>] [-f force]
usage: GenericAgent.pl [-c db] [-d 1] [-l <limit>] [-b
<BACKGROUND_INTERVAL_IN_MIN> (note: only 10,20,30,40,50,60,... minutes make
sense)] [-f force]
Use -d for debug mode.

HTH

MV