On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 02:08:29PM -0600, David Boyes wrote:

> Something that would be interesting to know: would the OTRS developers
> accept using something like cmake to do their builds? If so, then it's
> relatively straightforward to use cpack to generate both RPMs and .DEBs
> (as well as MAcOS and Windows) packages automagically.

Not sure what problem this would solve...

W.r.t. RPM (and for dpkg it is very similar) the problem is to make
a proper spec file (one per distro family, I do not believe in generic
RPMs), and the package has to be generated in the correct environment
(i.e. F12, F13, F14 for the Fedora family etc.).

--
--    Jos Vos <j...@xos.nl>