Hello everybody.

I'll be starting from the latest problem I'm encountering, which is as
follows: when I do a search in my Customer Database, I get the correct
number of records, but they print out as blank/empty lines (look here:
http://tinyurl.com/2cx44r2 ).

Here the background and the setup:

Debian Sid - OTRS 2.4.9

I have my customers already stored in an MSSQL db (SQL Express 2005 on
Windows 2003 Server), therefore I tried to connect that db to my OTRS
installation. I seem to have managed it using FreeTDS, because I can
connect to MSSQL by hand with tsql.

My Config.pm for my CustomerDB looks like this:

    # CustomerUser
    # (customer user database backend and settings)
    $Self->{CustomerUser} = {
        Name   => 'Database clienti',
        Module => 'Kernel::System::CustomerUser::DB',
        Params => {
            # if you want to use an external database, add the
            # required settings
            DSN => 'DBI:Sybase:',
            DSN =>
'DBI:Sybase:server=sqlexpress;database=Piramide_Informatica',
            User => 'sa',
            Password => 'password',
            Type => 'mssql',
            Table => 'v_customer',
            Attribute => {},
        },

        # customer uniq id
        CustomerKey => 'CUST_ID',

        # customer #
        CustomerID             => 'CUST_ID',
#        CustomerValid          => 'valid_id',
        CustomerUserListFields => [ 'COMPANY', 'LASTNAME', 'FIRSTNAME',
'EMAIL' ],

#        CustomerUserListFields => ['login', 'first_name', 'last_name',
'customer_id', 'email' ],
        CustomerUserSearchFields           => [ 'COMPANY', 'LASTNAME',
'FIRSTNAME' ],
        CustomerUserSearchPrefix           => '*',
        CustomerUserSearchSuffix           => '*',
        CustomerUserSearchListLimit        => 50,
        CustomerUserPostMasterSearchFields => ['EMAIL'],
        CustomerUserNameFields     => [ 'COMPANY', 'LASTNAME',
'FIRSTNAME' ],
        CustomerUserEmailUniqCheck => 1,

        Map => [

            # note: Login, Email and CustomerID needed!
            # var, frontend, storage, shown (1=always,2=lite), required,
storage-type, http-link, readonly, http-link-target
#            [ 'UserSalutation', 'Salutation', 'salutation', 1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
            [ 'UserFirstname',  'Firstname',  'COMPANY', 1, 1, 'var',
'', 0 ],
            [ 'UserLastname',   'Lastname',   'LASTNAME',  1, 1, 'var',
'', 0 ],
            [ 'UserEmail',      'Email',      'EMAIL',      1, 1, 'var',
'', 0 ],

#            [ 'UserEmail',      'Email', 'email',           1, 1,
'var',
'$Env{"CGIHandle"}?Action=AgentTicketCompose&ResponseID=1&TicketID=$Data
{"TicketID"}&ArticleID=$Data{"ArticleID"}', 0 ],
            [ 'UserCustomerID', 'CustomerID', 'CUST_ID', 0, 1, 'var',
'', 0 ],

#            [ 'UserCustomerIDs', 'CustomerIDs', 'customer_ids', 1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
#            [ 'UserPhone',        'Phone',       'phone',        1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
#            [ 'UserFax',          'Fax',         'fax',          1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
#            [ 'UserMobile',       'Mobile',      'mobile',       1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
#            [ 'UserStreet',       'Street',      'street',       1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
#            [ 'UserZip',          'Zip',         'zip',          1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
#            [ 'UserCity',         'City',        'city',         1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
#            [ 'UserCountry',      'Country',     'country',      1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
#            [ 'UserComment',      'Comment',     'comments',     1, 0,
'var', '', 0 ],
#            [ 'ValidID',          'Valid',       'valid_id',     0, 1,
'int', '', 0 ],
        ],

    };

My question now is: why does it happen, that my output is *blank* when I
seek for customers? While googling around, I came across references
talking about "charset conversion", so I did my search on my dbs:

Using "sp_helpsort" on my MSSQL db, I get:

Server default collation
Latin1-General, case-insensitive, accent-sensitive,
kanatype-insensitive, width-insensitive
(1 row affected)
(return status = 0)

>From Linux, when connecting via tsql, I get:

r...@ticket:~# tsql -S sqlexpress -U sa
locale is "it_CH.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"

Therefore I was thinking about some kind of "charset mismatch".

Is anybody out there who can help?
Thanks in advance!

Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL