Flavio,

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Boniforti Flavio <fla...@piramide.ch> wrote:
> Tried with both of them:
>
> No way to get some *written* output (you took a look at the output shown
> in my first post).

There's one thing to pay attention here: OTRS can cache the results
from the database query for a couple of minutes. This means that if
you search for 'jim', change your config and again search for 'jim',
you'll probably see cached results. In that case, the configuration
change did not affect your results. Please remove the cache and/or
change TTL to make sure this does not apply to you.

> I understand you know a bit about SQL, therefore I'm bothering a bit
> further: would it change if I'd use ODBC connection instead of Sybase
> (like I'm doing now)?
> Would it be worth a try? If yes, I'd need some help because I already
> tried to connect via ODBC but keep getting failures (when testing with
> "isql" command). Instead, tsql command works pretty well!

Sure, that could help. I remember I used DBD::Sybase once for a
customer database from Linux >> MS SQL Server successfully. But
DBD::ODBC plus an ODBC driver manager should also work. If you have
issues, you can certainly try that.
I would not know about failures connecting via isql - you might want
to ask on the isql mailing lists for that!
--
Mike