Thought about using the responsible feature than instead of changing the owner ?

Can´t judge if it suits your needs, but I would give it a try auto setting
tickets in raw queue to a global (team) user, for each different team and
moving them to the proper teams queue. Afterwards just set a ticket responsible
instead of an owner.

This way around you could set up the teams general user to a mailgroup where
every involved team agent would also get note about what´s going on.

But as said... just an idea :)

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Studienkreis GmbH
Mark Grzella