Hi Robert,

Regarding Sysconfig, on the left hand side of the display there should be a
drop down box.
Select 'Ticket' from the drop down and you'll be shown all the subgroups
that contain options relating to Tickets.
Click on one of the subgroups and you be shown the options for that
particular subgroup. Make your changes and click Update at the bottom.

When I send an email through OTRS there's an entry in the System Log (Viewed
through the Admin section). Something like the following
Mon Jul 25 12:32:26 2011 notice OTRS-CGI-14 Sent email to 'Username <
u...@domain.com>' from 'IT Support <supp...@domain.com>'. HistoryType =>
SendAnswer, Subject => Re: Sent Items Missing [Ticket# -- 2011072514000037];
Do you get this much?

Rory