At what point do you get the popup window? When clicking send? Not sure
what is causing that (certainly doesn't happen on any OTRS systems I've
ever used), does the Apache logs indicate that it's tried to access
something that doesn't exist and then redirects you back to index.pl? (you
may need to tweak the apache config to turn up your logging level).

Steve