Hi Vadim,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Vadim S. Goncharov <vgoncha...@nic.ru> wrote:

>> Lately it came to my attention that when a customer replies to a "ticket
>> closed" email the ticket is not re-opened; the customer receives a "your
>> ticket has been updated" message immediately followed by a "your ticket has
>> been closed" message. The ticket state remains "resolved" (re-named from
>> "closed successful"). We are running 3.2.1.
>

> Precisely because you've renamed it. The code's one of conditions is:
>
>   $Ticket{StateType} =~ /^close/
>
> It is hardcoded (bad programming practice), so you have to rename back or
> patch Kernel/System/PostMaster/FollowUp.pm.

I'm sorry but here you see the state TYPE, not the state. You can
rename states all you want, you'll need to update the configuration,
but you need not mess with the code.
State TYPES are different and you should not rename them; you can not
do that without direct DB access anyway, they are internal and they
are never displayed to users.

--
Mike