Hello Leah,

Likewise i cannot comment on what might be best, but i can share what I am
using Queues for.

We have mainly use Queues to control response times, and all agents have
access to all queues.

Queues:
*Support* (main queue with escalation times set and uses the survey module
to send surveys when tickets are closed)
*Inquiry* (basically a non-support queue that has no escalation times and
does not send surveys when tickets are closed)
*Spam* (queue that users can send spam emails into
*Delete* (queue that admin can use to delete tickets that were in the spam
queue)

We had thought about breaking the support queue into sub queues but the
need never really arose for us.

But i think a general guideline would be to use a new queue when one of the
queue-related configurations needs to be different.  This would include
queue permissions, response templates, escalation times, etc.

I hope that helps you as you work on your design.

Regards,
David