Hi,

I think you are mixing up two things here:
- Saying "I'm working on this ticket" is actually done by locking it.

- Escalations: First it would be interesting which escalations you have
defined. For example a first response escalation is 'cured' by simply
sending out a (manual) email to the customer.

Mathias