On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 01:10:33PM +0200, Roi Dayan wrote: > This patch series introduces rule offload functionality to dpif-netlink > via netdev ports new flow offloading API. The user can specify whether to > enable rule offloading or not via OVS configuration. Netdev providers > are able to implement netdev flow offload API in order to offload rules. > > This patch series also implements one offload scheme for netdev-linux, > using TC flower classifier, which was chosen because its sort of natural > to state OVS DP rules for this classifier. However, the code can be > extended to support other classifiers such as U32, eBPF, etc which support > offload as well. > > The use-case we are currently addressing is the newly sriov switchdev mode > in the Linux kernel which was introduced in version 4.8 [1][2]. > This series was tested against sriov vfs vports representors of the > Mellanox 100G ConnectX-4 series exposed by the mlx5 kernel driver.
Hi Roi, as I stated with regards to v4 I think it would be very nice to get this merged. Although it has a limited feature-set - compared to OvS - I believe it provides an excellent base for further work and as the patch-set is already large it makes sense to me not to further expand it by adding more features to it. Furthermore I think the patch-set should have minimal impact on those not interested in programming flows into hardware. Modulo resolving the build error that Joe reported: Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email protected]> With regards to the features provided by this patch-set I think that some use-cases include: * L2 forwarding * Flow based forwarding to/from VMs * Overlay network using VLAN or VXLAN * Load Balancing - directed by user-installed flows _______________________________________________ dev mailing list [email protected] https://mail.openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/ovs-dev
