On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 3:26 PM Eelco Chaudron <echau...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 27 Nov 2023, at 13:53, David Marchand wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 1:39 PM Eelco Chaudron <echau...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> When new drivers are introduced, the cache key is not accurately computed.
> >> Previously, the dpdk build process was integrated into the main Linux
> >> build script, where specific lines were employed to generate the key.
> >> Since it is now separated into two distinct files, this patch will
> >> compute the key based on the content of these two files.
> >
> > I would rephrase this last sentence, as "two distinct files" and
> > "these two files" are a bit unclear.
> > Afaiu, the former refers to .ci/{linux,dpdk}-build.sh, while the
> > latter refers to .ci/dpdk-{setup,build}.sh
> >
> > Otherwise the fix lgtm.
>
> So what about changing the commit message as follows:
>

>   Previously, the dpdk build process was integrated into the
>   .ci/{linux,dpdk}-build.sh scripts, where specific lines were employed to
>   generate the key. Since it is now separated into two distinct files,
>   .ci/dpdk-{setup,build}.sh, this patch will compute the key based on the
>   content of these two files.

"""
When new drivers are introduced, the cache key is not accurately computed.

Before the commit 1a1b3106d90e ("ci: Separate DPDK from OVS build."),
the DPDK build
process was integrated in .ci/linux-{setup,build}.sh scripts, where
specific lines were
employed to generate the key.
Since it is now separated in .ci/dpdk-{setup,build}.sh, this patch
computes the key based on the
content of those dedicated scripts.
"""

Deal?