Am Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2005 16:08 schrieb Scott Walde:
> Jan Kandziora wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2005 11:39 schrieb Paul Alfille:
> >>You are addressing a more general problem, aggregates of 1-wire devices.
> >>There are a few known sensors, like the pressure sensor, that use more
> >> than one device to make a larger circuit.
> >
> > I think there are two ways to handle aggregates. The first involves a
> > DS2409
>
> Hi.  I've been pretty quiet on this list so far, so I feel a bit awkward
> jumping in right here.  Anyways, I have another suggestion for
> identifying aggregates.  You can put an EPROM device such as the DS2505
> into each aggregate device and place information on that EPROM
> describing the components on that device.

Hm. I don't see a big benefit over the unique IDs all devices have. You still
have to maintain a database of serial numbers. The crucial part is to get the
same label *into* the hardware and *onto* the hardware. I does not matter
which data is placed on the label, it just has to be unique.

Kind regards

        Jan