From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Philipp Haeuser
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 7:24 AM
To: owfs-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Owfs-developers] Bad Adapter adapter reconnected log messages

Hi everyone,

I'm using owfs 2.5p0 on my Debian Linux box to monitor my central
heating at home. It's a Pentium 666 with Kernel 2.6.8.

I'm using a serial adaptor labled 9097E(c) connected to the
onboard serial port of the server, the adapter
should supply +5V to the 1wire bus, too.

My 6 sensors are DS18(S)20 temperature sensors, they
are connected to the bus via an 8-way "hub". There are about
80 feet (25 metres) of shielded Cat5e cable between the
serial adaptor and the hub.

The sensors show up in the directory tree and they can be
read correctly, but I get the message

OWFS[5447]: Bad Adapter adapter reconnected

in my syslog quite frequently (i.e. every 2 minutes to every
20 seconds !) .

Has anyone had that message before? What could be wrong?
My invocation commands are:

mkdir /1wire 2> /dev/null
/opt/owfs/bin/owserver -C -d "DS9097U" /dev/ttyS0 -p 3333 -t 5
--msec_read 1000 --error_print 1 --error_level 1
/opt/owfs/bin/owhttpd -s 3333 -p 3001
/opt/owfs/bin/owfs -s 3333 /1wire

If there's anything I can do to find out more on the problem,
let me know! Could this be an error at the owserver level that
is being "forwarded" to owfs?

One thing that happens is that sometimes, with the "hub" in place,
one of the sensors disappears from the directory tree
for a few minutes, then reappears. This seems to happen
in bursts. I do not know whether this is related to the
error messages or not.

Thanks for any help,
Philipp