G'Day,

> Well, the goal is that no network packets can crash owserver, so let
> me chase this down.

        I have been tracing this and have found the exact line where it
crashes.  ow_locks.c, line 89, pn->ft is NULL and as such, when it is
used, it causes the crash.  I can provide the full context for how it
gets to this line if that helps.

        Trying to follow the logic for where it *should* be set, it looks like
it should be set by Parse_Property(), which should be called by
FS_ParsedName_anywhere() when I call FS_ParsedName(path, pn) in my owlua
library.  Following FS_ParsedName_anywhere(), because path == "/", it
will skip the code where Parse_Property() would have been called (the
skipping occurs on ow_parsename.c:144).  It could be that it is supposed
to be set at some other time, but that is how I have understood the
code.

> You are the world's expert on OMAP and OWFS. Are you maintaining that
> adapter code yourself? Where can it be found? Perhaps, if it's ready,
> it can be included in OWFS and thus track changes in the library.

        I wrote the adaptor code some time back.  I meant to merge it in a year
or two ago, but things kept coming up (eg I had to modify the kernel
driver, which meant changes to the ow adaptor code, etc) and it never
happened.  It has been on my `I really aught to do this soon' list for a
while.  When I last tested the OMAP adaptor with owfs it seemed to work.

> You might find testing owlua easier if you try it with owserver
> --fake=01,10,22,05 (i.e. simulated devices). That way you separate
> OMAP and owlua issues.

        I have verified that it is not using the OMAP adaptor (though it
*should* be).  For some reason it is using the `bad adaptor' adaptor
(presumably a bug in my owlua code).

        -- Matthew