Hello Johan,

Not a stupid question.  I should say that I've similar need for my wood
pellets boiler who accepts rs232 connexion. However, the BAE0910 has no uart
pin available.
Emulating uart communication on a PIO is feasible for tx, but rx is not
reliable with polling, even at 2400 bps.

I plan however another slave chip that will cover communication aspects:
uart, ps/2 keyboard, i²c & lcd. But don't expect it before June.

You said optical serial interface... do you mean optically isolated serial
interface or something else?

Pascal

Pascal