On 22 February 2010 15:22, Pascal Baerten <pascal.baer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But if for any reason I would stop this activity, I will pass the relay to
> someone else, or even open source the project...

I'm a newcomer to 1-wire and was a bit disappointed to see the DS2423
phased out and joined this list to discuss the practicalities of
building a counter replacement from a simple PIC.  However, BAE0910
seems to be an excellent alternative and I'm hoping to order the board
shortly.

However, I'd be interested to know whether there is any interest in a
simple open-source PIC-based counting device?  Has anyone tried this
approach already?

Take care,

Ben