Am 23.02.2014 19:26, schrieb Robin Gilks:

> If you look back in the thread you'll see I'm using a USB9097 which is a
> ch341 usb/uart and a ds2480b master driver combination.

I read that, but I had the impression you have a bunch of hardware so it
wasn't clear to me what you are actually testing. As the w1 driver
doesn't support the DS2480 (I think, correct me if I'm wrong, I assume
you start owfs with /dev/ttyUSB0 as the device.

> I have a feeling
> that even with timeout_volatile set to zero

Instead of tuning the global cache options, you should just read the
chip's node in the /uncached/ directory. That way, the chip is read *in
any case* (and the cache is updated).

Kind regards

        Jan