Hello,

> Subject: [Owfs-developers] Missing data

> Hi,

> I'm using owfs with 19x DS18B20 temperature sensor with 2x DS9097 passive
> adapter. I have split my installation to two buses. Everything is
> running on my home NAS server (Core2Duo). I have problem with missing data.
> Sometimes data are not received.
> I have tried it running as owserver and read data with owread/owget, and
> running as fuse mount point and read data with cat commad. Result is
> same. To store values I use Zabbix.

How will be the data read in by Zabbix.
An similar problem is by collectd with the onewire plugin.
My suggestion by both will be, that the cached data can be not read in the
time, owfs will update them.
Maybe the update there is not only an copy from the uncached data to the cached
data at one time.
There will be the similar way to read in the data like the uncached version and
this will take longer time
(By more sensors it will take an long time).

Can this suggestion be right?

Best regards,
Roland Franke