I have used i buttons and 1wire viewer on a windows machine for many years
but want to move onto system monitoring on a Raspberry Pi.

After many struggles I found "Notes on the Raspberry Pi" at
http://www.noveldevices.co.uk/rp-1-wire This worked with only one hitch at
Step 3 the download appeared in the folder as "download" and had to be
renamed "owfs-2.8p15" for the unzip to work. The programme then ran - -
once. On running a second time it reported that /mnt/1wire was already
present. So I had to create 1wire.1 then 1wire.2 etc. However I can't delete
remove or change these files. I have tried sudo and tried deleting from the
root. When I use -v (verbose) the deletion appears to proceed as normal but
does not remove the files a folders. This is all pretty heady stuff for a
newby.  It appears that large set of files and folders which owfs creates in
/mnt/1wire  have a range of 'permissions' including 'nobody'. I have tried
'chmod' and 'chown' with little effect.

Can anyone advise how these files and folders can be deleted / removed.