in my opinion there is a bug in ow_w1_send.c - that sequence number for
netlink can run over 0xFFFF.
this makes the problem that the message which is send (65536 & 0xFFFF),
has a different sequence number as the Response is watinting for (65536).

I've try the following patch to reset sequence number, when the number
is going greater then 0xFFFF - and it is working stable same days (20
times sequence number is running over 0xFFFF in this time).

test@linux-lbd2:~/owfs/owfs-3.1p4> diff
./module/owlib/src/c/ow_w1_send.c ./module/owlib/src/c/ow_w1_send.c.orig
71,77c71
<               // seq = ++in->master.w1.seq ;
<               // seq should not be zero or > 0xFFFF
<               seq = NL_SEQ(++in->master.w1.seq);
<               if(seq == 0) {
<                 seq = NL_SEQ(++in->master.w1.seq);
<                 LEVEL_DEBUG("NETLINK sequence number overrun");
---
 >               seq = ++in->master.w1.seq ;
test@linux-lbd2:~/owfs/owfs-3.1p4>

best regards